Welcome from the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics
Welcome to the Pediatric Residency Program at McMaster University!
Our program is committed to providing the best education possible for our residents, teaching skills in the areas of clinical medicine, research and education.
The biggest strength of our program is our faculty, who possess a wide range of expertise, and encourage the culture of collegiality and collaboration found within our Department. McMaster University is home to some of the world experts in evidence-based medicine, and has many leading researchers who are committed to promoting the research activities of our trainees. Our faculty regard residency education as a priority, and are always available for mentorship.
Our residents are highly valued and play a critical role in the care we provide at McMaster Children’s Hospital. The Hospital serves a population of more than 1.5 million people, allowing our trainees to obtain exposure to a diverse spectrum of illnesses and gain valuable experience in a variety of clinical departments. We also emphasise the importance of educational excellence, and encourage our residents to become active clinical educators themselves.
At the end of the program, our graduates are well trained and fully prepared to take the next step of their academic and professional careers.
The pediatric residency program offers many exciting possibilities, and I invite you to learn more about our program and the opportunities that are available to you at McMaster University.
Dr. Sheri Findlay,
Acting Chair/Interim Chief
Department of Pediatrics
Congratulations to MacPeds for being the recipient of the 2015 PARO Program Excellence Award!
Upcoming News and Events
- Oct 13, 2015 - STACER exam
- Nov 7, 2015 - OSCEs (Residents are excused from clinical duty at 12 midnight the night before the exams until after the OSCEs at approximately 4:30 pm)
- Nov 18(starting at noon) to Nov 19(ending at 4:30) Resident Retreat
- January 13-17, 2016 - Canadian Pediatric Review Program, Hamilton Convention Centre
- April 13, 2016 - 16th Annual Practical Pediatrics Conference, Hamilton Golf and Country Club
- May 7, 2016 - OSCEs (Residents are excused from clinical duty at 12 midnight the night before the exams until after the OSCEs at approximately 4:30 pm)
- May 11 2015 - (1-4:30 pm) Resident Retreat
- May 25, 2016 -
Pediatric Neuro-Developmental and Behavioural Conference, Hamilton Convention Centre Registration fall of 2015-link to webpage
- July 13, 2016 - American Board of Pediatrics In Training Exam (Residents are excused from clinical duty from midnight the night before)
McMaster Pediatric Residency Training Program
Statement of Dignity and Inclusion
- We are committed to building a safe and inclusive space where diversity is celebrated.
- We recognize, value and encourage celebration of human differences that surround us.
- We ask all members of our community to participate in fostering this spirit.
Any expressions of bigotry, hatred, prejudice or disrespect are inconsistent with the ideals of preserving human dignity and our goal of cultivating the human potential in everyone, and have no place in our community.
It is important that we expressly note that all members of our community including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex trainees are welcome in our program.
[View document version of the Statement of Dignity and Inclusion]